Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Taking Baby Steps Back to the WWW

Birthday Girl...January 26  
Her dream party...At a stable riding horses!(It turned out to be a beautiful day.)  



Chinese New Year

At the home and garden show...Tori and I wanted this garden in our yard!
Going tubing at Ober Gatlinburg
Tori much preferred the inside attractions at the lodge.


 Hello out there!  So, so sorry it has been so, so long.  I have been catching up with some of my blog friends and their lovely and funny blogs. I owe each and every one of you a great big apology.  I never meant to ignore anyone with my long hiatus.  But I am slowly getting back to reaching out to the world via the Internet.  However, I do this with a heavy heart, and I am holding my breath as I type this post.

Let me explain briefly the circumstances surrounding my trepidation in posting or reaching out to anyone since late January.  In early February, Chris and I received word that a man was posing as Chris on Facebook in order to attract female victims.  We discovered that it involved several innocent women who were captivated by this creep.  In fact, not only did he use pictures of Chris, but also included some with Chris and the kids.  This has been on-going since then.  As you can imagine, we have been sick about this whole fiasco.  Until now, I haven't had the desire to use the Internet, Blogger, and Facebook at all.  In fact, I only used it when necessary or when Chris showed me something I needed to see or respond to.

As you can see, I did decide to include some pictures from this winter of the kids.  They have had some fun adventures in the last six months, and both have been doing way too much growing for my taste!

Where do I go from here?  I am not sure.  I have seriously considered doing a different type of blog that mainly features craft ideas, antiquing, and scrap booking.  I would only post a few pictures of the kids here and there.  It is something that I have been turning over and over in my head for the past two weeks.

Well, I am going to try this post and see what happens. I owe this to all my blog friends, and I hope that I have not lost your wonderful friendship.

Many hugs to all!!!





9 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

How terribly scary. I wish the world was a safer place. Good to see new pictures. Sending hugs your way.

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

This is just awful. I am so sorry to hear this. Your family looks wonderful, the stable party is just adorable. Thinking about you.

Sue Jolly said...

Love keeping up with your family and am so very sorry that you have experienced such an invasion into your privacy.

would love to keep in touch to see how much your kiddos are changing.

JinXiu said...

welcome back Tori is getting so big and more and more beautiful.

Unknown said...

I just spent 30 minutes tyoing a note, then lost it. Argh. I just wanted to alert you that I just received an email on ldspals from the guy using those pics. I did my dutiful google image search and discovered he is all over the pmace still doing it. It make me so mad im going to do my best to report what I can, but I think you need to ger5law enforcement involved at this point. I have no responded to the email he sent me and I would love to helo track him down. Im quite sure u could sue for defamation at the minimum. ..and he has suredly scammed across state lines for money by now. He even has one with him that he opened last month in a UK site..which I promptly signed up for just to report. This would mean FBI may be able to prosecute. Please let me know if I can help. He sent ne 3 mail messages but I wont reply until I hear from you guys...

Unknown said...

Sorry for typos. ..was in hurry before I accidentally deleted again...

Nyantowsky said...

That is truly a horrible fiasko! Someone actually also used your husbands and daughters picture on a site greataupair.com to "find a nanny".
Which is literally taking it to a whole new level! It's disgusting!

Kaity said...

Hi, my name is Sharron, and I am one of the victims that a man calling himself James Morgan but using pictures of your family has tried to deceive.

The Prison Show said...

https://www.facebook.com/chris.morrison.1267?fref=jewel

I received a friends request from this URL with Chris and the kids pictures.