Monday, January 14, 2013

The First Post of 2013...Thirteen Favorite Holiday Moments!

Giving Santa a quick hug at the Fantasy of Trees on Thanksgiving Day...

Pretty surrounded by pink...

The Great Leaf Rake the day after Thanksgiving...

Getting her sprinkle fix at her school's Crafts and Cocoa event...

An advanced band Christmas concert...

Turning 13 with 007... (PS--Thank you to the manager at Regal Cinemas at Pinnacle who gave up her movie billboard in order for a teenage 007 fan to have it for a surprise at his birthday party.) 

Christmas morning..Chris and I discussed that this was one was at the top of Jonathan's best ever!

Easy Bake Oven...This was at the top of her list and woe to Santa if he missed this one.

Two happy kids even in the early morning...

Mamaw's birthday afternoon tea at The Gallery...

A chilly afternoon on New Year's Eve at the Chimney Tops in the Smokey Mountains...

Ringing in the New Year at Park Vista watching the fireworks from the Space Needle...

Just being together and making lots of memories!





 Happy 2013 to everyone...Yes, it has been awhile.  I am happy to report that everyone is well in the New Year.  Chris is back to work and almost back to 100% since his illness, the kids are in school, and what is Cindy doing?  Right now, whatever she pleases for the most part!  I am totally into not being a teacher and going to work gig.  Do I miss it?  Well, I do miss seeing my students and having daily contact with my friends.  However, I do not miss the hectic mornings, lesson plans, constant scrutiny, and just the overall feeling of being confined to a room all day.  I think my family is enjoying seeing another side of their old mom and wife.  Unfortunately my personality doesn't allow me to be totally stress-free (Thanks, Mom!), but I am certainly lots more relaxed!

The holidays were one of the best in the Whaley household.  We had lots to celebrate in the fact that Chris and Tori were better by Christmas Eve for all the holiday festivities.  Yes, Tori missed the last week of school, her Christmas party, and a special lunch for students who did a great job of listening this last nine weeks.  She was so sick with her asthma and a temp that never dipped below 100 for  five days that she really didn't care that much.  After two doctor visits that week and a dose of antibiotics, she was on the mend, thank goodness.

So what do we have in store for 2013.  You know us...We have some adventures ahead.  Hopefully one of those adventures will include seeing our China travel group from five years ago.  It's so hard to believe that these little girls and one boy are growing into such happy, thriving kindergarten students.  Speaking of thriving, Tori will celebrate the big 6 on the 26th.  She has chosen to go to a local horse riding stable to officially start her sixth year.  Of course we will have more on that later.

And for me...Well, my days are not just filled with novels and bon-bons.  I start volunteering at Tori's school next week.  Jonathan's language arts teacher wants me to aid her in doing research projects (much to JJ's chagrin!!! Moms and middle school evidently are taboo.)  Chris has me serving on a few boards through the college, and as of tomorrow, I will be serving on the board at Bethany Christian Services (our adoption agency).  Also, to help out my brother and sister-in-law during the school year, I am watching my munchkin niece one day a week.

Well, Chris is being his usual thoughtful self by cleaning up the kitchen while I type this.  I feel just a tad guilty, so I will end here.  I know that I always promise to be better about blogging and never follow through, so I am not gonna!

Until next time...





























5 comments:

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Happy New Year! I am so happy that Chris has recovered from such a health scare! I have been thinking about you, the photos are wonderful - JJ is 13 , oh my, what a great 007 photoshoot - aNd Tori looks just wonderful in her festive outfits. May 2013 be the best year yet! And belated birthday to you!

Musings from Kim K. said...

Fabulous pictures. I'm so glad everyone is healthy again. You certainly sound busy in your "early" retirement (smile). Wishing you a happy & healthy 2013. Happy Year of the Snake too!

Mahmee said...

How in the heck did JJ get to be 13? A teenager? Wha? Good grief.
Glad you are enjoying your transition and have plenty to keep you busy. The kids look great and so do you. Happy new year to you all.
M.

Kasey said...

Fisher I love the pictures of the kids. I hope they are okay until you get home.

Kasey said...

Fisher I love the pictures of the kids. I hope they are okay until you get home.