Friday, April 16, 2010

"Forty. . .Oh, No!"

My beautiful family. . .beside all the photos representing my first forty years

The little girl on the cake was one that my mom kept from one of my birthdays years ago. My mom is working on my life scrapbook, and it is almost finished. I can't wait to show off the finished product!

My brother Tim, my Dad, my brother Tony, my mom, and me

With my Aunt Sarah. . .She looks great, doesn't she?

With my kids and my niece and nephews. . .

Opening my "forty" bag with the help of all the kids

Out of the mouths of babes. . .I had to title this post this way because of what Tori said about her mom's milestone birthday. Here's the story:

On Wednesday night, Tori and I were discussing my then upcoming birthday. I asked her, "Do you know how old mom will be?" She responded with a no. I then said something like, "Well, tomorrow I will be forty years old." And she declared, "Oh no, Mom!" Tori really expressed it right on. . . "Oh No" is right!

Yes, as of about 8 o'clock p.m. Thursday, I turned the big 4-0! No, I don't feel or look any different, but the date came and so now I have joined the elite club of forty. Thursday was a great birthday. Chris had to go to Nashville for meetings, and the kids and I had some appointments, but despite those things, it was a beautiful day! My mom and dad went with the kids and I to our appointments, and then, we stopped by the famous Litton's in Fountain City for great hamburgers and even better desserts. (Their strawberry cake is heavenly!) When Chris arrived home, he and I headed to RSCC for their production of one of my favorite all-time novels, To Kill a Mockingbird. Michael G., the professor in charge of the theater productions, always does an excellent job. The kids who performed the roles of Scout, Jem, and Dill were outstanding. Thanks Mamaw and Paw for watching J and T, so we could have some Mom and Dad time!

Yesterday evening my mom (with a bit of help from my dad) cooked up a little forty celebration for me at their house. My brothers and their families, Sandy, Estel, Lowell, Terry, and a surprise guest (my Aunt Sarah!) all came to help me celebrate. Because I requested a small celebration, my mom had special people who have been a part of my forty years to send cards. (I loved hearing from all my aunts and uncles and friends who are just like family.) A big thank you to everyone for everything! As far as any paybacks to anyone. . . Well, my brother Tony will get his in about seven years. Remember, your big sis won't forget!!! Thanks Mom and Dad for being such great parents, and loving me know matter how old I get!

To my family--Chris, Jonathan, and Tori. . .I love you and thank you for making every day interesting and always full of excitement. I am certainly one blessed wife and mother!!!

Hey, if turning forty is this fun, let's do it again next year and keep the one's digit always zero! Ha-Ha!

Lots of Forty-Year-Old love,
Cindy

2 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

Looks like a fabulous way to spend your special birthday. Happy Bday...you young thing!!! 40 is the new 30...that's my story...I'm turning 42....shhhh.

Hugs!!

Mahmee said...

Yay! You made it and you will always be 4 years younger than I am...lucky you! Ha ha.
Looks like a fabulous time. Yes, your aunt does look fabulicious.
Take care.
M.