Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Look Ma! No Cavities!

(Before reading this one, please go to the right and click on "Wild Water at Wilderness in the Smokies" to catch up on our great long weekend.)

Yes, this second visit to the dentist was a positive one for Tori. This time I didn't go back with her, and she walked straight to Deena to get her teeth cleaned. I was just outside the open door, and so I heard everything that was going on. She asked many questions like, "What's that for?" and "Are you cleaning my dirty teeth?" She was very still and cooperative, unlike six months ago when you would have thought they were torturing her. The dentist was pleased with her teeth, but he said that braces were certainly in her future with her under bite. I was pleased that he thought it could be corrected with braces instead of oral surgery.

So, after Tori's visit with him, she picked out a Snow White toothbrush. Then Deena opened a drawer full of treasures. . .rings, balls, stickers, etc. And Tori was able to pick four things she wanted. . . She was blown away and looked at me to see if it was okay. Deena and I both told her that she deserved it, and I even sweetened the deal with a trip to McDonalds for chicken nuggets and a yogurt parfait.

Chris and I were so proud of her. She wasn't the least bit apprehensive or afraid this time. . .I guess that it goes to show you what a difference six months of age can do!

Coming up: Thursday we celebrate our second Forever Family Day and Saturday is Tori's third b-day party with a Disney princess theme. So I have two celebrations to prepare for. . .let's hope I can get everything done!

Until next time,
Cindy

2 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

Woo hoo! What a fantastic appt for Tori. I wish our dentist had snow white toothbrushes. Josie's going back for a cavity issue next Monday. She doesn't know it yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I don't think that appt will be nearly as fun. I'm not bringing the camera. Congratulations on your upcoming 2nd anniversary.

Mahmee said...

Way to go Tori!
R and I are so proud of you.
M.