Thursday, October 27, 2011

It's the Great Pumpkin Party, Charlie Brown!

Sunday was the fourth annual Pumpkin Party in the Park. These neighborhood friends had a blast!
I thought I would share this easy-peasy cheap craft: Take clean empty mini syrup bottles (Ours came from Cracker Barrel) and fill it with a mixture of sidewalk chalk and table salt. To make the colored salt, simply take a paper plate, pour out a bit of salt, then take a colored peace of chalk and mix in. Make different colors, then layer them in the bottles.



Tori and Hello Kitty
JJ and Mario
As I was punching out the pattern on these and then carving out the design, the kids came and checked out my progress. I think they were a little disappointed that they didn't look like the picture. I really tried my best, and in the back of my mind I thought about the line from Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory when Verruca's father said to her, "Verruca, sweetheart, I'm not a magician!" Yep, I am certainly not a magical master pumpkin carver!!!
Some of the treats I made for the party...Witch's fingers (string cheese and almonds with a touch of cream cheese) and her broomsticks (fruit roll-ups and pretzel sticks).
The first cupcakes ever made in my new oven! I found the cupcake kit at Marshall's. Hey, we have made much progress this week...We have counter tops and a functioning sink (dishwasher, too!)

Happy Friday before Halloween Monday!

2 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

What a fun party! I love your sweet pumpkins. Yippee for homemade cupcakes from a new oven!

Halloween hugs!

Mahmee said...

Oh I don't know...I'd say you did a fabulous carving job.
I bought a cupcake kit like that last year...from TJ Maxx, I think. I heart discount stores!
You all have a safe evening! Happy Halloween from our house to yours.
M,S,R.