Monday, May 30, 2011

School is OUT!!!

JJ had his sixth annual end-of-school swimming party at his grandparents. He had lots of classmates there and his teachers. I had a cupcake cake made to commemorate their move from elementary school to middle school. (Sniff...sniff, my baby is growing up!)

There was a pool full of upcoming 6th graders!Three amigos

Jonathan with his fab four teachers...Mrs. K---Science
Mrs. J---Social Studies
Mrs. S---Math
Mrs. W---Language Arts
It was so, so sad on the last day of school. Not only were the fifth graders really upset to be leaving, but all the students at Walnut Hill were upset that their school was closing for good. We have really counted our blessings that JJ had such a wonderful school during his elementary years.
One of his certificates he received at his Fifth Grade Awards Program

Did you hear a muffled but distinct scream of joy on Friday afternoon about 3 p.m. ? Well it was me, and that in fact was a scream of joy. Why screams of joy? BECAUSE SCHOOL YEAR 2010-11 IS DONE!!! OVER!!! FINISHED!!!

We are all ready for a break in this household. The kids are ready to play and romp through these carefree days. I am ready to spend some time tackling some projects and having time to spend with my kids and husband without the burden of my job. Don't get me wrong, most days I feel blessed to have my job. But the last month has been terribly stressful, and I was really over everything related to education and being an educator.

I hope to be more faithful in posting while I am off and keeping you up-to-date on our Summer 2011.

Have a great week ahead...It is already in the nineties here...We plan on staying home and doing some indoor activities!

3 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

Wonderful pictures!! I'm sure the end of the year was bitter-sweet for JJ. Now you can take some much-needed time for rest and relaxation. Chris and the girls are done June 10th. It can't come fast enough. I'm so ready to say goodbye to their lunchboxes, Emma's math homework and her 6:40am school bus. Hugs!!

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

I am so happy for you! such a lovely post, it looks like JJ has really enjoyed the teachers he had. The pool party looks like so much fun and what a lovely setting. I hope you have a lovely summer with your children! I can't wait to hear what you are up to. Blessings!

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Congratulations to JJ on his promotion to middle school. I so know how you feel about the end of the school year, it is such a wonderful relief to have the summer to recoup. I hope that yours is a fun, relaxing and enjoyable one.